Getting rid of fruit flies requires pouring baking soda and cider vinegar down the drain, keeping towels dry and making a fruit fly trap with a jar, some cider vinegar and a paper cone. Eliminate and prevent fruit flies in the kitchen or bathroom with information from an organic farmer in this free video on insects.
Expert: Lauren Roy
Bio: Lauren Roy has been in the natural living business for about 15 years.
Filmmaker: EquilibrioFilms Jenn Video Rating: / 5
Kill those annoying fruit flies. CHOW Food Editor Aida Mollenkamp demonstrates a quick, easy tip to lure fruit flies away from your food.
CHOW Tips are the shared wisdom of our community. If you’ve figured out some piece of food, drink, or cooking wisdom that the world has to know about, send us a message and tell us what you’ve got in mind!
See all the newest uploads from CHOW with the Latest Videos playlist: http://bit.ly/owLvNO
Subscribe to CHOW: http://bit.ly/xTzxYj
For more recipes, stories and videos, check out http://www.chow.com/videos
CHOW on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/CHOW
CHOW on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Chow
Fruit flies, when they infest your house, can be a huge problem. So this is how you get rid of them. You take some water, add some soap to it and you dilute it. So just swirl it around a little bit and then take some red wine and throw it into your trap and put the water with the soap. And what that’s doing, the water and the soap are breaking up the surface tension. So now the fruit flies go in, they drink, and they die. Problem solved. Video Rating: / 5
If the uninvited animal in your back yard always get the fruit before you, hanging CDs on trees is a very easy and effective way to drive them away. It is humane, organic, and the old CDs will not end up in landfills.
Use your old and unwanted CDs before you throw them away. But if you don’t want to forego your CD collection, you can get cheap scrap CDs from a CD replication company in San Jose, CA and here is the link
http://www.newcyberian.com/cd-for-fruit-trees.html Video Rating: / 5
We keep getting fruit flies in the house when we have fruit around. This is how we got rid of them. Many people call them gnats so we will call them as gnat in the video, but they are really fruit flies.
How to kill fruit flies without insecticide. Fruit fly problems? Put away the bug spray. Farm Girl gets tired of those awful pests and she shows you a sure fire way how to get rid of them. It’s an amazing and simple trick to trap and kill flies that you don’t want to miss.
How to Get Rid of Fruit Flies: These are *All the Real Proven Ways to Get Rid of Fruit Flies You Actually Need to Know Right Now Today…
1. 0:41 How to Kill Fruit Flies: Do you have a pest problem in your home? You may believe that nothing can be done to get rid of them. However, no matter what kind of pests you have, it is possible to eliminate them. Read the piece below for some solid advice on how you can squash these awful things for good – how to get rid of fruit flies naturally.
2. 1:01 How Do You Get Rid of Fruit Flies: Mix equal parts of sugar and borax together for an all natural pest control. Place the concoction into a glass jar and punch holes in the lid for a reusable container. Sprinkle the all-natural product along the outside of your house. Ants will be attracted to the concoction and will carry it back to their nest effectively ridding your home of ants – how to prevent fruit flies.
3. 1:21 How Do I Get Rid of Fruit Flies: Read the label of any pesticide prior to using. This is especially important if you have babies or pets! Different pesticides and treatments cause different issues in human beings. There are some that are extremely harmful to pets. Know what it is you are putting in your home prior to its use – best way to kill fruit flies.
4. 1:41 How to Get Rid of Fruit Flies in the House: Keep your kitchen as clean as possible. Bugs won’t show up as often if they don’t have anything to eat. In particular, use containers that have lids for loose food items in your pantry. Take the trash out often and keep your counters clean. Finally, sweep each evening before bed – how do u get rid of fruit flies.
5. 2:01 Killing Fruit Flies: Spray white vinegar in areas where you have seen an Ant trail. This acidic substance helps to erase the pheromones that ants use to guide one another to food. This solution will not rid you of your ant problem on its own, but it can keep them at bay while you apply pesticides or take other measures – how to get rid of fruit flies in your house.
6. 2:21 How to Get Rid of Fruit Flies in House: If you’re using mulch, don’t mulch all the way to the side of your home. Leave a gap about half a foot in length between the mulch and your outdoor wall. This will give you (or any exterminator) a better ability to see if any pests (like termites) are crawling from the mulch onto your outdoor wall – ways to get rid of fruit flies.
7. 2:41 Best Way to Get Rid of Fruit Flies: If you have many mosquitoes in your yard, and possibly even infiltrating your home, try to eliminate any standing water. If there is a high population of mosquitoes on your property, they are breeding somewhere, and they can only breed in standing water – how to kill fruit flies in house.
8. 3:01 Fruit Fly Remedy: One of the biggest sources of pests entering your home is the type of mulch you use on the outside garden beds. If you are using wood chips, termites are attracted to this and will get inside your home from it being in close proximity. Use rocks and stone in your garden instead to eliminate this problem – how to get rid of fruit fly.
9. 3:21 Home Remedies for Fruit Flies: Pesticides are very efficient but these products are harmful for the environment. If possible, use cleaner methods to get rid of your pest. A lot of home remedies work and there are some efficient products on the market that contain a low amount of chemicals. This is the best approach if you have pets or young children in your home – how to get rid of gnats and fruit flies.
10. 3:41 How to Kill Fruit Flies Fast: Recycling could cause pests. The best case scenario involves keeping recycling outdoors. However, if you cannot do this, then ensure you thoroughly rinse all items that you put inside. The best chance you have at avoiding pests when you throw your garbage out is to buy recycling containers that are sealed.
11. 4:01 Home Remedy for Fruit Flies: Try to store all open food like cereal and crackers in an air-tight cabinet. You may think the space between the cardboard enclosure is too small but bugs can fit themselves into the tiniest of openings. Unless it can be kept in the fridge, protect your food from pests or from inviting them into your home in the first place.
12. 5:21 How Do You Kill Fruit Flies: When dining in your yard, keep sugary drinks and substances covered or in closed containers. Stinging insects in particular are drawn to sugar. Keep the scent of such foods and beverages from getting into the air, or your picnic might have more company than you were planning on having.
13. 6:01 How to Get Rid of Fruit Flies in the Kitchen: As you have seen from this article, you can get rid of pests from your home and regain control of it. As long as you make use of the proper advice, this is truly possible. Utilize the advice you have just read, and you can and will destroy these dreadful pests.